Welcome to the FiFi SDR project pages
The FiFi SDR was introduced as a construction project for the youth camp FichtenFieldDay (FiFi) 2010. It is an economic and compact software-defined receiver. It is based on the Si570 oscillator and can be connected to a PC via the USB interface. One speciality of the FiFi SDR is the integrated USB sound card with a 96 kHz sampling rate. This combination enables the reception of all broadcast and amateur radio bands on medium and short wave in all types of modulation, including DRM radio, even on notebooks that don't have their own stereo sound input.
Für unsere deutschen Besucher
Die FiFi-SDR Projektseite ist inzwischen zweisprachig verfügbar. Für die deutsche Version klicken Sie bitte hier.
General information about the project
- Hardware concept of the FiFi SDR
- Description of the FiFi SDR circuit
- Receiver data / measurement results
- Where can I get a FiFi SDR?
- Read the article on the FiFi SDR by DL1DRS in FUNKAMATEUR Issue 11/2010 (german only)
- Listen to the interview by DH1TW with DF3DCB on www.dh1tw.de.
- Watch the video by DL2SDR on DSP radio 1.2 with the FiFi SDR on Youtube
- Read the article on the preselector by DK5DN in FUNKAMATEUR Issue 10/2011
- Experience the FiFi-SDR as an IF monitor on the TS-830 at DL5FJW
- Read about the introduction to SDR technology with the FiFi SDR by DG6SW at dxpraxis.de
- 31 August 2012 : Bonito has published a new graphical user interface for the FiFi SDR called RadioJet RJ10FiFi.
- 23 November 2011 : The new firmware  removes an error in setting the frequency. Due to an error in saving the 'Smoothtune' value for the Si570 it could happen that, when making only small frequency adjustments, the VCO jumped back to its original factory setting. Only a large adjustment could bring the VCO back to the right frequency (to the update).
- 01 October 2011 : The article about the preselector by DK5DN has been published in FUNKAMATEUR issue 10/2011.
- 01 June 2011 : Our preselector is ready!
- 07 November 2010 : New vendor ID as from firmware : the SDR now responds with the manufacturer identity "www.ov-lennestadt.de". If firmware as from revision 215 is being used, this identity must be entered when using WinRad or similar with the ExtIO.dll instead of "O28" as has been necessary until now.
- 01 November 2010 : As from firmware version , DRM recepetion as well as AM synchronous demodulation is possible without interference using the on-board sound card of the SDR.
Notes for users
- Putting into operation with a computer
- Frequency calibration and removal of a 12 kHz offset
- Overview of the SDR software
- Firmware upload
- How can I get help if I have problems? How can I reach the developers? FAQ
- Instructions for repair and fault finding
- Construction instructions
- Version history
- Modifications for hardware revision 1.4 (suggestions)
- Modifications for hardware revision 1.3 (corresponds to rev 1.2 second edition)
- Modifications for hardware revision 1.2 (first edition)
- Modifications for hardware revision 1.1
- Modifications for hardware revision 1.0
- Modifications for prototypes Rev 0.2 and Rev 0.1
- Hardware expansions